TEA TREE ORGANIC 15MLRegular price $19.95 Save $-19.95
TEA TREE ORGANIC 15ML
15ML – 100% PURE, CERTIFIED ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL
- Organic Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) is one of Australia’s most well known and well documented essential oils. Often referred to as a “Medicine Kit in a Bottle”, research and studies are now supporting this terminology with evidence for Tea Tree against bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Melaleuca alternifolia is commonly referred to as the Narrow Leaved Paper Bark Tree, and is a member of the Myrtle family. The oil is produced through steam distillation of the leaves and terminal branchlets. It is a clear to pale yellow mobile liquid, with a fresh, strong medicinal odour.
- Melaleuca alternifolia grows on the north coast of New South Wales and was originally found in only a small area. From a cottage industry, the notoriety of Tea Tree grew and established an industry where vast plantations were required to meet the demand both locally and internationally.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Indigenous Australians have long held the tree in high regard for its medicinal properties, creating poultices with the crushed leaves and mud to cure a number of ailments including burns, sores, wounds and bites.
- In 1925, Tea Tree oil was found to have a germicidal rating more than 10 times that of carbolic acid (phenol), the accepted antiseptic of the time. During the Second World War the medicine kits contained Tea Tree oil to help treat various skin conditions and wounds and in 1949 Tea Tree Oil was first listed in the British Pharmacopoeia Codex (B.P.C.).
- With such a long history of use, it is only recently that the claims for its efficacy have begun to be supported by research and clinical evidence for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Tea Tree oil has found application in many pharmaceutical preparations for acne, burns, sores, fungal conditions and dandruff.
- Tea Tree oil has significant importance as an antiseptic. It is generally suitable for application directly onto the skin without causing irritation, and has the ability to penetrate the skin to reach the site of infection.
There is supporting evidence that concentrations of less than 2% are effective against a range of bacteria and fungi, including Staphylococcus aureus (0.5%), Escherichia coli (0.25%), Candida albicans (0.04%), and Aspergillus niger (0.0156%)ii.
- Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil
- Use 2-5 drops in a Lively Living diffuser of your choice to fight fungus, bacteria and infection.
- Massage into the skin to help heal quickly
- Blends well with Lemon, Frankincense, Lemongrass & Orange
- Add a few drops to water spray bottle for cleaning. (Test area before use)
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes, and sensitive areas. Possible skin sensitivity.